Wednesday, October 14, 2009

This and That

Well sorry for the long over due updates. As most of you know our beautiful baby girl turned ONE on September 27th. Where did the year go?? She had her one year check up last week, she's a whopping 16.5 lbs, and she's 27.5 inches long. She is still a little peanut, but she's our little peanut. Her pediatrician was concerned about her murmur, so we had to see the pediatric cardiologist yesterday. I was very relieved to find out that she has what they like to call and "innocent murmur" and nothing more. He said that we should not have to see him again, unless the pediatrician has cause for concern when she is 4 or 5 years old. I'm going for never again!! :)

When Kendal was born the nurse thought she detected a heart murmur, but the pediatrician that examined her said he didn't hear anything. However she was screaming her head off the whole time he was examining her, so how could he hear anything. The next day, our pediatrician came in to examine her as well. She said she detected a murmur, so she wanted her to have an EKG. I asked if I should be concerned, and she said she just wanted to make sure she was okay. Well the EKG and ultrasound indicated that she had 2 valves that were open. We had to go to the doctor every two weeks just to make sure she was gaining weight etc. They kept a very close eye on her for about 6 weeks or so. Well....to make a long story short. I was very pleased to find out yesterday that those valves had completely closed on their own. WHAT A RELIEF!!! Our little girl is going to live a long healthy life!!! I hope. :) She is doing so great with her therapy, I couldn't be happier. She just gets stronger each week, and her therapist is really impressed with how well she is doing. She is into everything, it's so funny. It's so weird seeing her mobile. LOL :)
Mr. Aidan has had some big accomplishments lately too. He's finally decided that it's okay to go poopy in the potty. He started this about 2 weeks ago, and he's had a few accidents here and there, but he's doing better. Up until this week that is...he's gotten his stubborn streak back, and has been pooping in his pants again. I don't know what is up with this kid. We praised him, and rewarded him with a fun trip to Monkey Joe's. We made such a big deal about him being a big boy. So sick of cleaning out poopy underwear. YUCK!!!!!

I've taken on the task of watching a friend/co-workers little boy. He's almost 17 months old so he's right in between Aidan and Kendal. He's such a cutie!! He's been coming for about month, and it's going pretty well. I think it's been good for both kids honestly. Aidan has had a few issues sharing, but overall it's been great.
My back is still giving me fits. The pain meds and the patches aren't working at all anymore. I'm only taking them as needed, but lately the pain is coming on full force. I'M SO SICK OF IT!! I've been going to physical therapy for over a month, but it's not working. I don't know what to do anymore. Plus I don't even know if the insurance is going to cover it, I'm still fighting with them. I have therapy tomorrow, and I think that I'm going to talk to her about the chiropractor. I just can't take the pain anymore, it's really limiting me. Plus I'm chasing after 3 now, not 2. :) I just want my body back. I'll keep you all posted.
Update 10/16/09
Well I finally went to the chiropractor. I'm pretty messed up :) I got adjusted today, and now I'm just extremely sore!! I go back on Monday morning to get adjusted again. I've got a rough road ahead, but I will at least have relief at the end of the road. I HOPE!! I don't know what I'm going to do if this doesn't work, I'm out of options at this point.

P.S. Here are a few new photo's from Kendal's 1st Birthday :) 













Stay tuned for pictures from Halloween....It's our favorite time of year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment